UMBC Cybersecurity Graduate Programs
UMBC's cybersecurity Master's programs prepare computer science, information systems, and other experienced professionals to fill management, analytical, investigative, and/or technical leadership roles in the cybersecurity and cyber operations fields. UMBC's Cybersecurity Master's and Graduate Certificate programs are offered in-person in Catonsville (UMBC campus) and in Rockville (UMBC at the Universities at Shady Grove).
Cybersecurity has emerged as a critical domain of global competition, with significant implications in economic, political and military realms. The Internet and its related networked technologies integrate into nearly every aspect of society, business, and government, presenting opportunities for adversaries to disrupt modern society. As a result, nations and organizations continuously develop new operational doctrines, advanced cyberwarfare capabilities, and criminal tactics that threaten our information resources.
IT, cybersecurity, and cyber operations professionals must develop the requisite knowledge to implement or conduct necessary operations in cyberspace.
Why Cybersecurity at UMBC?
UMBC provides technical and managerial training education to respond to Maryland’s and the nation’s needs for qualified cybersecurity professionals.
- UMBC is one of the few universities dual-designated as an NSA/DHS Center of Academic Excellence for Cyber Defense Education (CDE) and Information Assurance Research.
- Students are eligible to participate in federal scholarship programs, including the NSF Federal Cybercorps, Scholarship For Service (SFS) and DOD Information Assurance Scholarship Program (IASP). Open to US citizens only.
- UMBC is conveniently located off of I-95 near the BWI Airport, approximately ten miles from Fort Meade.
- UMBC (and UMCP) provide research leadership at the National Cybersecurity Center of Excellence's Federally Funded Research and Development Center (FFRDC) in Rockville, MD.
- Students can take advantage of ongoing professional development, networking, and career opportunities through UMBC's Career Services Center and our academic departments.